Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vannarath

This past weekend I had the privilege to attend a traditional Basi (poog kan?) for grandma Vannarath. The kids call her Gigi! Her family came from Boston and her oldest and only daughter came fro VA. It was a lovely affair filled with laughter, smiles, cheers and love. I couldn't have asked for a better person to start my "photography" with. 
I've always wanted to be a photographer when i was younger. Ok so i wanted to be a lot of things but whatever it was i always had photography on my mind. I love to take photos. It doesn't matter what it is, i just love to take pictures. I love nature, random moments, family etc...the list goes on. I've talked to my husband about it and he said "well since i've know you, you've always loved taking photos and you've always talked about it...so why not go to school..just do it". I guess it's easier said than done. Where would i get the money to go back to school? I'm still paying my student loan right now. 
But i do wish some day i could go back and just finally do it...PHOTOGRAPHY!  It would be a dream. But for now i'll just learn on my own. Scary but i know i can do it. So if any one wants to offer some tips go right ahead...always welcomed! 

So my first attempt at this would be this ceremony. I think it's perfect. Now mind you, i'm not a professional or anything. I'm still working on it. But i think i do pretty well. 

I love this family. They were the first family that welcomed me to Cleveland asides from my in-laws. They've been such great friends. They've been through ups and downs but then again we all do. 

Hope you all enjoy these pictures! I know i sure did! Please leave me a comment and let me know how you like these pictures. 
Candle atop the center piece
 
I got caught! ; )
 
  I love these old time pictures! I think they look gorgeous. Don't you?
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 So what do you think?


No comments: