Friday, June 25, 2010

Festival

Some time last month our town had a festival. I thought people call it carnival; definitely not a fair because it's small. Anyways apparently it's called a festival. Whatever it's called. We went. I really don't like to go since everything and i mean everything is expensive but the kids really enjoy it. So yes i do take them, i'm not that mean. The day before Nilun and Jasmine went with their friends so it was only fair that i take Naree. So the next day, Naree, me and Lien went. Naree met up with her friends there. Looked like they had a lot of fun! After her friends had to leave, she wanted me to ride with her....ride everything!!!! Ummm yeah maybe when i was younger i would be all for it. But i'm 30 now and i am a chicken now. Seriously. But i gut it up and rode with her. 
First we rode the Ferris Wheel. And let me tell you it nearly took my heart out. I used to love riding the Ferris Wheel; it was my favorite ride when i was (hence the word WAS) younger. But it was like I was a Ferris Wheel virgin! Seriously i felt like my heart was going to literally jump out of my body. Especially when it went down. To top it off we were stopped right at the top. And yes i screamed...not like a horror movie kind of scream. But like a "i love this but it's totally creepy kinda of scream". Know what i mean? 
I had a tight grip on that handle for sure! Between me and you, I think Naree was really enjoying my terror! 
She also made me ride the school bus, which was ok. Kiddie ride!!! No problem. Except for all the little screaming voices in my ear. Wow!! Those kids had lungs of steel or something. A lot of screaming. And yes, in case you are wondering, I was the ONLY adult riding. Uh huh!!!

Here are some pictures for your entertainment. Too bad there was no one there to take a picture of my "horror" face while riding the Ferris Wheel. Lien was around...somewhere! 
Naree made me go get in line to ride this with her. I was so tripping! I was praying that she will find some other friends roaming around the festival that would be willing to ride this with her. Low and behold!!!! She found some friends to ride this. Ummm if you would have seen this ride you would understand my chickening out. It went up and down and went fast and than faster. Not my kind of ride. So glad she found some more friends to ride with her. Because they rode this 3 or 5 more times. Kids!!!! 
 How's that for fun? At the end of the night, we got rained on. A perfect end to an adventurous day?

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love ferris wheels! I love the county fair for that reason. I am a sucker for stuff like that. Looks like fun, now I can't wait 'til our fair!

Noy said...

we don't get county fairs here. Just little carnival/festivals 2 times a year or something. And they are pretty small compared to Twins' fair. I miss Twins' fair.