Tuesday, June 8, 2010

TGI Fridays, Walmart and a Silver One

I took my mom and the kids out to eat today at TGI Fridays after we dropped lunch off for Lien and dad. It was so nice to sit down and relax and enjoy time with my mom and the kids. I usually don't get to spend much time with mom since she works a lot. But her job is slow right now so her shifts are kinda crazy. She doesn't work every day anymore so i took the opportunity to be with her more. It's hard though, because mom doesn't like to go out to eat at restaurants and stuff like that. She always say "I could save more money and just make something at home to eat". I know she's right but some times she deserves to be catered to and not have to worry about cooking it or cleaning after. 
We had a great time eating and chatting. Even though our bill was way off from what i expected but to me it's priceless because i got to spend time with my favorite people in my life!  

After lunch we decided to go to Walmart and get Just Dance. It's a game for the Wii and i saw it on commercial and thought it was awesome and I've been wanting to get it for a while now but didn't.
On our way to Walmart I saw a Silver Volkswagen and punched my mom on the arm "Silver one". Mom took a look at me and was like "what the heck are you doing?". So i told her "saw a silver Volkswagen". 
The kids were laughing so loud! Then they explained to her and she finally got it. She's seen the commercial also but just didn't think of it. 
I got a few more times and she was always surprised! We had so much fun getting my mom! 
While i was driving, i was talking to my mom about something and BAM!!!!..........."Black one!""
Mom got me!!! The kids laughed so loud and then mom laughed and i started laughing. We were having so much fun. I couldn't believe it! Mom was playing with us! I didn't even know that my mom played that! 
After she punched me she said "I get you back!" 
The kids were like "You go grandma!"
She got me a few more times. 
I seriously thought i could get my mom since she didn't play these things...boy was i wrong. Mom totally surprised me! 

I'm so glad i got to spend time with my mom today. While i was younger we didn't get to do things like this. She was too busy working so we didn't get to spend much time together. 
I'm glad that we can do it now. Especially with the kiddos. 
I didn't know just playing this Volkswagen game thing would bring so much joy to us! I mean it was a great fun time. Mom was laughing so hard with us it was awesome. Goes to show we don't have to spend too much money to enjoy time together. Although i spent a lot today (i know i'll be paying for today next month but it's ok....one day at a time) but it was priceless seeing my childrens' face and hearing their laughter along with my moms'.
Nothing beats that sound! ; )

No comments: