Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hot water anyone?



I was getting ready for our church Valentines' day dinner tonight and while I was putting my make up on I heard this really loud engine like noise coming from somewhere. So I went downstairs to check and when I was half way down the stairs there was water everywhere! Apparently my hot water tank blew up. There was a hole on the tank. So I got my son to call my husband (he was outside making a snow castle with the kids). He came down and turned the water off and we all proceeded to clean up the water. This definitely bring back memories of when our house, actually, our whole town flooded in 05'. Except in 05' our whole basement flooded.
  Fortunately this time it was just the little hall way from the stairs to our furnace closet and a little by the bathroom downstairs. Good thing it did not go into our living room down stairs, the carpet is still looking new. The water is cleaned now, still damp but that's all we can do. We've called the plumber guy and they are coming out to see our tank and bringing us a new tank. Thank goodness for 24 hr emergency service! 
Just when I think things are going well. My eye was twitching for at least 2 days...now I guess I know the reason why. So much for my Valentines' Day huh? I guess our dinner date will be canceled and we'll be staying in and wait for the guy to come and fix us up! 
Well here's to Valentines' Day, hopefully we'll have a better one next year. 

 
Here's a picture of the tank. Too bad i didn't take a picture when we were cleaning and while there was still water everywhere. This is after we've cleaned up.

 
Lien had to use this stick to cover the hole so the water won't leak. 


So how did you spend your Valentines' Day? 

1 comment:

Emily said...

That stinks, I'm sorry! We went out with friends last night, and were going to go to a movie but the babe was not happy with the sitter so we went home. Hope you get to celebrate later!