Thursday, February 18, 2010

Highlights


I've been pretty slow at posting things. I really need to get into the habit of getting to it quicker! I love taking pictures so I have like overload of pictures in my camera!..which isn't good, because it's overflowing with old, old pictures. I have some from like 08'! No good I know. I'm working on it. 

Anyways I just wanted to post up some pictures I took over this weekend. We had a very nice snow day on Saturday! After we finished cleaning up the water from our basement, we sat around and tried to find a company that would come out to our home to replace our tank. We found one, after one tried to screw us over. The nerve! The guy said he could be at our place by midnight (he had other places to go first). So while I was making dinner, Lien decided to take advantage of the situation and decided to take the kids out to the backyard and make a castle out of all the snow.

Watching them make this castle was pretty fun. It's so amazing that I'm so blessed to have such awesome kids and a wonderful husband who isn't afraid to be a kid himself. So lucky to have a husband who is fun! That's why we love him so much...always thinking of things to do.
that's Yuki enjoying time in the snow too!

Looking out the window and watching my husband and the kids work together to get this castle built is an amazing feeling...how could I have been so lucky!? They even stopped once in a while to consult with each other about what to do next! I love days like these! I managed to get my lazy moody butt out side to join them. I helped a little. To be honest I wasn't into it as much because I was bummed that the day we had planned out was not going according to plan. But a few hours later I got better and found myself actually enjoying it! 
Naree is so creative...she made seats (benches) inside the castle to sit on!
I can't take all the credit...heck I can't take any credit at all. It was all Lien, Nilun and Naree! They made it and it was awesome! 
 
It is still up too!


On Friday the 12th, we went over to grandmas' to celebrate Jasmines' birthday! It was nice to spend time with the family. Everyone is so busy most of the time we hardly get to see each other but I try to take the kids over every Sunday! 

The kids made a pillow for their Aunt Da...her birthday was on the 10th of February and we didn't celebrate it...So they took the pillow over to grandmas' to give to their aunt. 
 
Jasmine wants her turn too! She made a soothing eye pillow for Da..we didn't take any pictures of it. 

 
Nilun and Naree designed the pillow and I had the honor of sewing it together. I guess I didn't do too bad! They loved stuffing it! And they took part in the process too! Nilun hit the level and Naree tried to sew while I supervised! She did ok, a little crocked but nothing we can't fix. She'll be a pro in no time! And of course Jasmine did her own too. I supervised and showed her how to sew and she did the pillow on her own! I'm so proud of my kids and Jasmine! 
 
 
Naree was so inspired and so excited about her new skill that she wanted to make a pillow for herself. So I told her ok and she picked out her own fabric and I of course supervised! She did very well if you're asking! ; ) The pocket was her idea! And yeah it has been very useful....she puts her money in it! No kidding, she does! And she says "it's for the tooth fairy, so he/she don't have to put it under my pillow!". Kids!...they say the cutest things!

 

No comments: