Thursday, May 20, 2010

violent tensions!

We are finally up and running! Well not quite but we are half way there. A few weeks ago my laptop went capoot! Like it totally died on us. Nothing was working, we couldn't even turn on the laptop. Turns out the motherboard died on us. So we had his brother-in-law to fix it for us. Keep in mind that it took 3 weeks for us to finally remember that his brother-in-law (well ex-bro in law- only reason why i say that is because they are divorced but they are still together. Does that make sense? Oh well)
knows a lot about computers- he's a wizz at it. Anyways it took him about 2 weeks to get it fixed and gave us a new motherboard and everything. The only sucky thing about it is that my DVD player doesn't work anymore, so with that we had to buy an external CD drive to connect to the laptop. Well we all know there goes more $$$ into this laptop. Oh and did i mention that the USB hub sometimes does not work? If i connect something to it with a USB i have to plug it in and then restart the laptop for it to read the USB. Yes very time consumming and not to mention very irritating. When i got that all fixed i wanted to start on my newsletter for my church and guess what happened?

Drum roll please!!!.......

My printer doesn't work. It won't print, no matter what i do. So i figure i just have to re-install the cd for the printer because i re did my laptop right? It's a no brainer! ; ) So i look and look every where and i could not find it anywhere. I found every single CD of every single electronic i have ever own - even the ones i don't even have anymore - i just could not find it anywhere. Because for my printer to work i have to re-install it. I did something on the laptop and actually found the printer and added it through the internet...Yay it's installed!! NOT QUITE....now it won't print. Keeps on saying "printing error" "printer not responding"....what a drag! Argghhhhhh i am ready to drop kick it! So my brother-in-law comes over to check it out. And he says there's not much to do about it, i'll have to call Canon and get a CD for that specific printer. That would cost me about $25....what a bummer, more $$$ going into this laptop. So he gave me a good idea. He says he usually just go buy the stuff, program it into the laptop and copy the CD...then return it.
So i figure i don't really want to spend $25 just on a CD to make my printer print so i gave in and did what he told me to do. Usually i don't take things back. Even if i bought cloths and they don't fit or something, i just don't take them back. But since i have a friend that does that all the time i've been doing it too. Which isn't bad, i mean why keep it if it doesn't fit or work right? So i figured the same with the printer. I mean all i needed was the CD, i'll return the thing.
So i went to Best Buy and bought the printer...on SALE i might add. $99.00!!!!
It took me 2 days to try to install this thing. First i install it and everything is in and perfecto!!!...it works. But with me being so curious (typical monkey behavior) i accidentally clicked on something and boom...it doesn't work....again! ooooiii me.
So i uninstall the whole thing and try to work it again. Now it doesn't work, no matter what i do it won't work. I try to install it wirelessly and no...nothing. Tried it via a USB hub and...NO NADA! What gives/???? At this time i am about to drop kick this darn thing! I am so aggravated!
So i had Lien try to fix it. He couldn't do anything about it. I'm like what? Are you surious? So i gave it another try this morning. Took me 3 hrs but i finally did it!!!!!!!!!!! YAY ME! I had to un-install and then re-install AND....AND install it manually! Guess why it wasn't working before?
It was going to the wrong port...so everytime i want to print it keeps on popping up "print to file name..." and it wouldn't print. AND i know why i couldn't get it to work when it should have worked. The USB hub!.....like i said before. I HAVE to restart the laptop every time i connect a USB hub. So now i can't print or scan wirelessly, i have to connect with a USB. So now i have to go through the pain of restarting my laptop everytime i need to print..
Now i can only print or scan while connected through the USB hub. Oh well better then nothing right? At least i got it to work.
I must admit, i'm pretty handy! Good thing i kept my cool and didn't destroy that thing.
Electronics and i are having some relationship issues right now. First my laptop, my printer and then my camera. No worries i just went to Best Buy today and got my new camera since the other one (which i just bought not so long ago) also went CAPOOT on me too! Wow what is up with this?

Well this is my adventure with my laptop. It's kind of a love hate relationship. I'm just glad everything i working for the time being. Now i can work on things i should be working on.

We are ready to roll!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hate it when my computer is down, I feel so out of touch with the world!