Thursday, May 6, 2010

The calm after the storm

I have to apologize for the post yesterday. I was venting...i was feeling a little emotional. I know a lot of mothes/wives out there have those days too. I'm not the only one. But it feels like when i let it out, it seems to feel better.
Yesterday it rained....really hard and it seems strange but it calmed me down, emotionally. I don't know what it is but the rains always seems to take my emotions away for just a few minutes. The sound of the rain drops are like the sounds of my fears, doubts and everything else subsiding for just a moment. It's like music to my soul. If you actually sit down and listen to the drops, it tells you something. To me it's saying "don't worry, tomorrow will be another day and it should be a better day". Well at least it's what i want it to say.
Watching the rain fall from my window has bring me back to a calmness. I'm thankful for the rain! Watching them fall on the leaves and branches of my trees and flowers and watching them fall/slide down from them and drop to the ground...that's like my emotions saying "i'm here today, but tomorrow i'll be gone". And that's exactly what i feel today. Those emotions are gone...for now. I know they are inside of me but for now they are going to be locked up.
Thank you rain storm for bringing back my emotions....this time the good ones. For a storm so loud and frightening, you sure do bring good things though! For that I am grateful for mother natures' answer to my prayers.
When i saw those drop falling on this flower try of mine (sorry can't think of the name of the flower right now) all the emotions i had subsided. It brought peace to my soul and mind. I don't know what it is with the rain but i'm grateful for it. It came at such a perfect time. I had to grab my camera and take a snapshot! I think it's beautiful...don't you?
This is poor Yuki yesterday. I was not feeling up to par and he wanted some company. I guess i wasn't such good company yesterday. Sorry Yuki! I'm better today! Isn't he such a cutie!

1 comment:

Thounny said...

Awww!! I totally feel you on this one girl ...its something about the rain that relaxes me too, I just love the lighting and thunder..it reminds you of life's chaos, it starts with a dark cloud and everything gets loud and out of control but then that all goes away and the sun shines once again :) ..it just reminds you that everything will be ok b'cuz eventually whatever is going on in ur life that makes it chaotic, it too shall pass and we'll have a brighter day again