Friday, January 8, 2010

Missionaries

Yesterday we had the sister missionaries over for lessons. It was so fun...especially for the kids. They had the kids play a game about "obstacles" that might interfere with  our journey to Heaven. They blind folded Bobby (Niluns' friend..he was over) and put a few "obstacles" around and he had to look for the box of Nerds the sisters brought over. It was really funny to see him crawling around looking for it.
It made me think. There are lots of "obstacles" around us and every day we face them. I can honestly say we had plenty of "obstacles" thrown our way. But we have eachother and our family...we fight through anything. It doesn't really matter how many "obstacles" are thrown our way, it's how we face it and deal with it that matters. The whole lesson was basically about how if we don't have the guidance, we are left to face those obstacles alone and it is harder to overcome them. If we do have guidance then it makes it easier to overcome those obstacles.
I like this lesson! It really taught me something and helped me a lot. Now I'm totally not the woman that preaches every chance she gets or is a "bible preaching" person but if a lesson hits close to home, I really enjoy it. I've found that having the missonaries or elders over has really helped me, personally, deal with some things and has helped me figure a few things out. It doesn't help solve my issues but it helps me deal with it.
We love having the sister missonaries and elders over for lessons and dinner. It is so nice to actually have guest over and get to chit chat and find out new things about them. I personally love having them over! I think the kids kinda like it too. It seems like they brag a lot more when the are over! LOL My husband and I are thankful that we have them to help us teach our kids about the scriptures. We want our kids to grow up knowing about Our Heavenly Father and the things he did for us. We hope that it will help them throughout their life and we want them to know that they can always count on him to be there...every step of the way. I know you don't have to be religious to be a good person or to do good things. But with the striptures and all the things they've learned it will help them think about what is right and what is wrong. My husband and I are really glad we decided to go back to church and get the kids involved. Not only will it help them learn about Our Heavenly Father but it will help them in many other ways. Like being social and being independent. I know they can be even if they don't go to church. I don't know how to explain it. I just think it will always help them with their life path. 
I am glad that I went back to church. It has really helped me with copping  with my issues or problems. No I don't have issues or problems with anyone. I meant mentally! I've been depressed on and off for many years and going back to church has actually help. Not trying to say that it'll work for everyone but it did for me. Praying has helped me also...Knowing that the things I pray for will some day come true has given me hope. And whenever I feel down or need any type of guidence I can pray and it'll make me feel better.
Now I really sound like a "bible preaching" lady. I'm not preaching to anyone but myself. It's not up to me to tell people what to believe...people have their own beliefs. I just feel a bit better now that I've written it down. This is kind of like therapy! I don't know maybe I'm just mumbling! I do that a lot too! :) 



Bobby trying to find the Nerds! He bumped into the TV stand..ouch!




Niluns' turn!







Here's Nilun and Jasmine is his guidance! There's Bobby being his obstacle!

 

Having the Elders and Sisters over for dinner! I know my kitchen is pretty small.

 

Christmas with the sisters. This was the last day for Sister Robertson. She was being transferred the next day. Naree really liked her, they became pretty close. 





Sister Park and Sister Robertson! Another one of our favorite sister missionaries is Sister Soliae!

Don't get me wrong, we like all of them but Sister Robertson and Sister Soliae were really close to our family. I felt like we connected with them. Plus Naree really took to them. Now it feels like Sister Park is really getting close to us too and Naree is really enjoying having her at our house.They will forever be our "extended family". We do love meeting all the new missionaries though, and elders too!


1 comment:

Gaskin Girl said...

LOVE this post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for being you. You're truly amazing! Your kids are so cute, and I love the pictures of the missionaries! We miss Sister Robertson and Sister Solaie too!

And I LOVE your dining room table. I'm jealous you have chairs for everyone! We always have to get the office chair and rocking chair when we have the missionaries over! :D