Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cajun Chicken Pasta

Last night we went back to our 'weekly recipe' deal. The deal was i would at least try a new recipe once a week, more if I can but once a week would be great. Didn't matter where the recipe came from our what kind of food, I just had to make it. The deal was between my daughter and I.
 So this week it is Cajun Chicken Pasta. It turned out great actually. The flavor was great, in fact I think I could have added more Cajun sauce because I didn't think it was spicy enough. Well I should have just put some peppers in it and I'd be pretty happy but I didn't want to kill my kids! :)
My daughter was great help...chopping up things and helping me pour in the ingredients. Oh and of course my son too. He helped a little too!

I can not tell you or even come to describe how the smell was. It was so yummy and, lets just say my kitchen smelled so good to eat! I've never cooked with Cajun sauce but this won't be my last. I'm going to have to make new recipes to add with Cajun sauce.
You can find the recipe  HERE....

I added mushroom to it simply because I love mushroom with pasta. It is so good, especially baby bella mushrooms. And I added some MSG, I'm sorry I can't help it. I have to have my MSG!

We were sitting down to eat and my husband actually liked it, if you know him, you'll know he's not much of a noodle kind of guy but since it's a new recipe and he loves that the kids and I try them once a week, he'll try it. He thought it was good. But he had a better version. He added white pepper powder and some garlic and pepper salt to it and let me tell you. The flavor changed a bit and it was even better. So we added it to ours too and we were happy.

Oh and my son had pizza pockets. Yeah he helps out and stuff but he said he wasn't feeling the noodles this time so he didn't want any. He's not into trying new foods that much. Some days we'll be lucky if he wants to try some of our authentic Lao food but he basically likes to stick to the stuff he knows. My daughter on the other hand? She loves trying new foods. All I can say is that back when she was little we could pretty much eat a lot of things that the kids don't eat. But now pretty much everything we eat, we let Naree have it first and we finish it after her. She eats everything!
For example: You know those baby chicken eggs? Yes the ones with the baby inside! My kids love that, especially the juice but they only eat the yellow part of the egg and we finish the rest. Well 2 years ago my daughter decided to try the white part of it; the hard part! Yes you guessed it, she loves it now. So instead of giving it to daddy after she finishes the yellow part, she keeps the white and gives daddy the baby chicken! She belongs to this family for sure!
My son? Well he's not as brave as my daughter but a few weeks ago he did bulk up and tried the baby chicken.....needless to say he wasn't too fond of it, but hey at least he tried right? :)

So what's keeping you from trying new foods? If a little girl can try why can't you? Like Andrew Zimmerman always says "If it looks good, eat it!"
And well if it doesn't, try it anyways. You never know, you could like it!

No comments: