Friday, February 11, 2011

peace

I did it. I offered the ride to the mother and child and they accepted. I was a little scared not knowing what she would think of the offering but glad that she didn't refuse.
Turns out she does have a car, it's just not working right now and her husbands' car just died on him too. We didn't really have to go far, she was walking her son to pre-school at the church about half a mile down. So it wasn't far for me.
Her son is cute, he really likes Yuki! He even blow Yuki a kiss good-bye when they got out of the car.

I was ready to offer her a ride on Tuesday but when i pulled into the restaurants' parking lot to turn around i saw that someone had picked them up so i headed home. So when i saw them today just passed my street, i turned around and drove into a drive way and asked her if she needed a ride.
Riding on the way to the pre-school she apologized for making me go out of my way to drop her and her son off since i would be turning around to go back home. And she did express gratitude. 

Now i feel better. At least i did my part and i feel good that i at least helped someone out today AND i actually didn't shy away and not ask {i've been know to do that since i've very shy}.
I don't want the credit for it nor am i bragging. All i want is for someone to read this and decide that they want to help someone out too?
Maybe a little "pay it forward" kind of thing?
Doing good always makes me feel like i've done something right. Doesn't it make you feel that way?

No comments: