Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

This year has been an adventure for us. Some bad and some good but we have made it through. I'm so blessed in so  many ways with how my life has turned out.
I have such a wonderful family who loves me and cares for me so much. How did i get so lucky?

I am grateful for my family and my friends. Grateful to have a life full with love, laughter, and happiness.

No amount of gifts or money can buy me those things.

This Christmas we were able to get the kids some things that they had wanted. The kids seemed pretty happy to get everything that they wanted.
To see my kids face while they open their presents......that's a great feeling.

When i was a kid, we didn't get many presents. One for each of us and it was pretty much something cheap. But we were still excited to open it. A barbie from the dollar store, t-shirt or underwear.....we were still happy.
We didn't have much growing up so to see my kids happy and having more than i could - that is a feeling i can't explain.
I am grateful that i have a life that enables me to provide for my kids and to give them what i didn't have growing up.
I know that i am blessed. I have a wonderful husband who works hard to provide for us and i thank God every day that i have him.
Did i mention that i'm a very lucky girl?

I hope every one had a very Merry Christmas and i hope every one was/is as blessed as i am to have such blessings.

As usual we went over to mom's for Christmas Eve so the kids can open their set of presents from grandma. And then we had dinner.

They were pretty spoiled. :)
We stayed and chit chat for a few hours and then off we went for our annual Christmas lights outing. I try to keep that as a tradition for our family to go every year around Christmas time to see all the holiday lights.

I was pretty disappointed with downtown Cleveland this year. They normally have lights on every tree on every corner but this year there was nothing. The only holiday lights they had up were in the middle of downtown and that was it. We were disappointed. Only shows how our economy is still in the shits. What a shame.

At midnight we let the kids open presents at the house. They were pretty excited. After presents we hung out and ate {again} and then we watched a movie {i forget what movie it was}. We didn't sleep til about 4 am but we enjoyed hanging out as a family. :)
See, even Yuki got presents but he was only interested in only one. A toy gingerbread. :)
Lien bought me a Coach purse. Had no idea he was going to do that. Didn't even think he paid any attention to what kinds of purse i liked. He picked the right one. I like big bags. :)

This time around next year we will be celebrating Christmas with an addition to our family. Can't wait!!!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: