Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Liz's surprise baby shower 9/18/10

A few days ago I threw a friend of mine from church a surprise baby shower. I have been planning this shower for weeks and weeks but couldn't really figure out what i should do. This is my first time hosting a baby shower. So i was a little nervous. I've been to plenty of baby showers but it's a little different when you are actually the one planning it and hosting it.
I really stressed myself out with planning this. I'm glad that another friend of mine offered to help. What a relief, finally some one who knows what she is doing! She ended up helping me with the invitations, which are very awesome! So cute. So thank you Niki!

I was stressing out over and over again. I was afraid that there wouldn't be room for every one in my house or the food wouldn't be great. What was i suppose to do with decorations? I know i sound like an idiot right? Like i don't know how to do anything. I really do know how to do lots of things but since it is my first time hosting a party of this type i wanted it to be good. I didn't want to disappoint.

I got things done just in time! Thanks to the missionaries who came over to help with a few things. I had just enough time to get myself all pretty up. Just when i had gotten done with putting on my make up the first guests had arrived. A little early i might add but still okay. Then every one started coming one by one. I'm so glad i did this party. It gave me an opportunity to mingle with some of the ladies from church and get to know them (well i kinda didn't really get that, since i was busy worrying about things and stuff). I'm really glad we had a great turn out too. I'd love to thank every one for coming, sorry i can't post your names - only because i can't remember who all came. So i'll leave it at THANK YOU for coming and enjoying this day with the happy parents-to-be! They greatly appreciate it.
And a special shout out to all that helped bring food: Rochelle, Barbara, Niki and Camille. Thanks to my sister-in-law who made salad for us and my mommy who made noodles.
It helped me so much. THANK YOU again!

You all should have seen Liz's face! Priceless! I wish someone would have captured it on camera....too bad. She had no clue, which is good. I'm so glad her husband didn't let it out or any of the girls. I'm glad he could get her to my house!
These two are great people and they will make great parents, i can just tell. My husband and I are grateful to meet these two. We hope the best for them and their child. This baby is going to be one lucky kid!
marshmallow pop party favors and Orchids for gift for our games
missionaries helping out! Thank you!
 I have to add before i forget. I've like to thank Rochelle for writing the list for the gifts and such. So grateful. Now i'm really a bad host.
And i might add, thank you for bringing the fried rice. Much appreciated! : )
I do have to say that i was a pretty bad host. I didn't really know what i was doing. I forgot about the cake, i forgot about the games, so not every one got to play. Sorry. I'll do better next time, if there ever is a next time.

mom to be!
these socks are so adorable
I'm glad we got to meet these two. They are wonderful. Can you imagine the son they are having? He's going to be a heart breaker i have a feeling!

So all that stressing i did? Yeah they were all for nothing. It turned out great. I was just being a little too hard on myself....as always! 

I hope you enjoyed your party! I hope it was a blast or at least a little fun. I can't wait to see the little guy!
CONGRATULATIONS MIKE AND LIZ GILLINS

3 comments:

PrincessB said...

you can throw me a baby shower,,,:)

Noy said...

Are you pregnant? : )

Gaskin Girl said...

It turned out so well! You did a great job. I was happy to help, and I had fun doing it. The food was FABULOUS (as usual) and everything looked wonderful! It was definitely a success, and you should be proud of yourself! :)