Thursday, September 9, 2010

Conversations with Raspberries!

I went raspberry picking with a friend of mine today. And it was very fun! Who knew that the simple act of picking raspberry and enjoying having a conversation with a friend would brighten up my day? I'm so glad my knee decided to give me a break today so that i can enjoy this time with a friend i have wanted to get to know better.
This was my first time picking raspberries. I've picked fruits before but not raspberries so i was excited to do it. The weather turned out perfect for a day of picking berries....not too cold, not too hot! Just perfect!
At first we decided that 3 quarts (i think it was quarts?) would be enough for us so that's all we got. But after filling up our 3 quarts Liz decided that she wanted just a little bit more so she can have enough for her to make jam. So i said "ok lets get more". She said we would just probably get 2 more quarts because she was getting kinda tired from bending down a lot and her back was hurting (she's pregnant). So we decided on just 2 more quarts each. We went back and had the lady hold ours for us while we picked more.
 Liz having her lunch and picking berries. Pregnant and a muti-tasker!
We ended up actually filling out all 3 quarts again, which probably was best since she'll have enough for jamming and i'll have enough for....well all i plan on doing is eating them!. We come out winners either way! 
I'm really glad i went and so glad Liz invited. I got the opportunity to get to know her better and just do something fun with a friend. Those times are priceless.

 i couldn't get a good shot, the wind was blowing pretty hard at this moment so i was not steady hence the blurred photo.
After our fruit picking we had a little lunch before we said our good-byes! It was a great time spent with a friend. I'm thinking we'll probably go back again....don't know when but i'm sure we will. I have a hunch! So who's going with us next time? Well since you didn't go with us, guess you'll just have to enjoy these pictures and drool!?! ha ha ha.
not a very "beautiful" shot of me but oh well. I can't look good all the time right? Heehee. I really hate my acne.
yummm! Looks good doesn't it?

No comments: