Saturday, December 11, 2010

International Day

This year our ward had a International Day at church for our Christmas party. I was asked to participate and I was so glad to accept. How fun right?
I did Laos and Thailand since the people in my family are either Lao or Thai.
At first I was a little nervous and scared, couldn't decide what to make. I was afraid that our friends in the ward wouldn't like the food we make and stuff like that. You know different culture, different food and different taste. I decided to make papaya salad, spicy beef salad, sticky rice for Laos. Spicy meatballs with cabbage and Satay chicken for Thailand and for both country I made sticky rice with coconut juice with taro wrapped with banana leaves for dessert.
It was really fun to be there and see all those other countries and learn about them and try their food....yummy! Of course time chatting with friends is always a great time!
Our table. I didn't think to take pictures of it until the end of the program so this is when all the food was gone. Don't want anyone thinking I didn't bring anything! :) Look at Lien, he even wore the authentic shirt to show.
And for dessert! Sticky rice with marinated in coconut milk and Taro wrapped with banana leaves! I love this stuff. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't as sweet as I had wanted, but it was still sweet enough for every one to enjoy. These were the first to go!   

I really had a great time preparing the food for this event. Even though I cooked all day and didn't eat till we started the activity at church. I know crazy huh? That's how nervous I was...I was afraid no one would eat my food. So glad people were nice enough to at least try. :)
Makes the knee pain all worth it. Stupid knee why can't you be 17 again?

So I got to travel to Germany, France, Italy, Isreal, Japan and Mongolia. All within 10 minutes! I travel fast huh?
Too bad I didn't make it to Mexico, Chile and American. Oh well, I still have a lot of vacation time! :) Happy travels!!!!!!!

No comments: