Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Special visit with a quilt and some Cheesecake!

A few days ago i had the privilage to attend a dear friends' baby shower. She is due only a few weeks before me! :)
The shower was nice filled with lots of people and laughter, not to mention the food and dessert- i was in heaven! lol

the mommy-to-be and I

the proud parents-to-be and grandma
Isn't she a beautiful mommy-to-be? I think so!
can't wait to see our babies!
 I had wanted to make something special for her baby shower and asked Lien one day if i should make something. He thought it would be better if i just bought what was on the registery and maybe make something for the baby when he/she comes in January.
So i said ok.....but i gave in and made something. Simply because i really wanted it to be a personal gift and i knew that she would be getting lots and lots of presents from every one else anyways.

I'm so glad that i decided to go with my choice and make something.........the outcome was great and i love it! I must admit i had to pat myself on the back for doing such a great job. Bragging moment i know, but hey i don't do it too often. At least i don't think i do! :)
here's what i made! I'm pretty proud of myself too.....no measurement {can you tell?} 

I was a little nervous, i didn't know if she would like it or not......but i didn't mind, because i really wanted to make her it.
She did like it though! :)

We had a special visitor to our home this pass weekend for the baby shower. Our close friend, Latsamy came in from Texas to visit for the baby shower.
I was so happy to see her.....So glad i could spend some extra days with her and play catch up and eat our faces off. And that's exactly what we did! We ate and ate............fun times i tell ya! It sure was an interesting adventure!

And then to top off her visit we had a girl's night at Cheesecake Factory. Didn't i mention we love to eat? :)
Always stuffing our faces i swear............such pigs! lol
The night was great and a great way to end Latsamy's visit.
I am glad she could make it....until next time!
I know i look pretty big here! lol
I love these two girls, they have made my life interesting and wonderful. Wouldn't/couldn't ask for better girlfriends. I'm a lucky girl. Too bad we were missing one more lovely girl, Miss Margie! We miss you!
It was also Tina's birthday week!
I am truly blessed with some wonderful and amazing friends in my life. There's always an adventure! I am also blessed to have a best friend who's been with me since 3rd grade. How lucky can a girl get right? :)
I truly am blessed and i love them all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that Blanket..can u make me one :) love you! I love your Blog BTW! love avie