Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pattersons' Farm

A few days ago the kids had a day off from school. Must have been some teachers meeting thing. I'm not sure. But any who, i decided that this year we should do the whole hayride, corn maze and picking pumpkin kind of thing people do on Halloween. Since we never do it. I know i know, i'm horrible....just shoot me.

So I told the kids and they were excited, so was i. The only problem? I've never been to Pattersons' Farm. So I looked it up and got the directions and off we go. We were pretty excited!!!!
We got to the farm and okay i have to admit, it wasn't what i expected it to be, but who cares. We are actually here! So we look around and see some pumpkins. But in my mind I'm thinking "hmmm i thought they would be on the ground every where, not in crates".
We found some nice sized ones for $2. So when I went to pay for them, i asked the cashier where the corn maze was and she said "oh that's not here, it's at our other location down the street a bit more".
Great! I was at the wrong place. How was I suppose to know. So I asked for the direction (very easy and close by) and off we went again.
On our way there we saw this nice little place that had a corn maze so I asked the kids if they wanted to stop by.
they had to take one with the spider!

This is my hunk! I do think we make a lovely couple! Don't you?  
We were not impressed with the corn maze. Very small

We only spent about 15 minutes there and then it started drizzling a bit. So we decided to just head out to Pattersons' Farm.
We found it! Right when we drove into the farm it started raining. Wait I should correct that....it starting pouring cats and dogs!
We were pretty disappointed. We waited a bit but the rain kept on going and going.
So needless to say we never got to do the things we wanted to do. So Pattersons' farm is still on our 'to-do' list. Boohoo.
But it was a good thing that we bought pumpkins earlier. And by the way I did not see any pumpkin patches at the farm either. If any one knows....is it further in or something? How about the big slide, corn maze and hay rides? Where were they? Because i didn't see them at all? Unless i'm not going in all the way? Weird.

Can you tell he was excited? Since he didn't get to go with us on our adventure (he was at a friends) we got him a pumpkin to carve. Yay for us! 

Ignoring the fact that I went to the wrong place, I'd have to say we had a little fun, it was an adventure! At least i can say i tried right? I get points for that don't I?

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

You were at the wrong place... but it looks like you still had fun! The Family Fun Fest is what you want to look for at Patterson's. You park your car and pay, then they give you a hayride (without the hay) back to the fun fest. That's where the big corn maze, giant slides, and the pumpkin patch is. Hope you get there before the season ends!